Wednesday, September 15, 2010

name

Is it your identity? I thought your deeds, your actions, accomplishments, your value system etc defines your identity.
In a recent chat with a friend, I got into an argument on the same. He stated that a name gives you an existence. EXISTENCE! That’s a dejected word to be used here in this context!
Agreed if I address you as “person” or “man” or “woman”, every other person or man or woman would turn towards me wondering if I yelled out “their” name or “their” name.
A name is important for your labeling but your characterization would only be from what you are as a human being, be it an animal or a homo sapien.
My name is black. Umm , does that mean I am evil, a demon, a goth? But hey, I go to the temple everyday, I wash my hands before eating food , I don’t pluck flowers from the garden. Then why am I a devil? Oh yes my “name” is black!
Every name has a meaning, it’s said so. Sigh, the irony is that I am not compatible with my name. My name symbolizes softness, elegance, and I do not want to get into the details of my actual self since,
“modesty is the best policy”
- Pedestrian
Different States when brought together, give us a colourful variety of names, from Anand to Aryan, from Genji to Ryan and from Amitabh to Abhishek. :)
When you are a kid, your family calls you “chotu”. And when you grow up, they still call you “chotu” at home. When you have your own kids, they will still call you “chotu”. Thankfully I escaped this tradition of being addressed as “chotu”. Well I was a disturbed, irritable kid. So my parents, instead called me "Miss ru ru" (somebody who cribs ALL the time).
This is called , being NAME'SICK'!

6 comments:

  1. So what does Snigdha mean anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And sometimes the name doesn't even mean anything, or have anything to do with you. Mine for example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had your friend even remotely known Shakespeare, the argument wouldn't take place! My name means the 'moon' and i agree to what you say. I shout out loud for your old blog, where is it snoogles?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gone, gone it is. This is my present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, for one, don't even know the meaning of my name... Sigh!! :(

    ReplyDelete